06 September 2008

I want a birthday party.

I haven't talked about the girls too much lately so I thought I'd share what's been going on with them.

CAMRYN is exploring the exciting world of baby food, including rice, oatmeal, applesauce, squash, and pears. She's liking them all pretty good and is getting increasingly better at swallowing. Her biggest development lately has been her manuever ability. At 5 1/2 months she can already "skooch" forward a few inches at a time, mostly by pushing on her tippy toes. To supplement, she rolls back and forth and pulls her body around using her arms. I wouldn't say that she is technically crawling yet but if I put a toy a six inches from her reach, she can usually get it. Pretty impressive. She has no teeth yet but is showing some early signs of teething, although I still don't expect them to make their debut for another month or two. Eye color is still inconclusive, but her daddy and I suspect hazel as a possible end result.



AVERY is our little talker girl. She constantly amazes us with her vocabulary and the sentances she constructs. The other day after finding the crown she wore on her birthday, she came up with: "I want a birthday party. A Dora one... I lost my Magenta one." (It'll be a while, kid.) We're in the process of acquiring a toddler bed for her so that the crib can finally be passed on to her younger sister, but we're a little nervous about getting her to stay put (any advice?). Potty training is still far off in the horizon since she hasn't ever had any success with her potty seat. Oh well, we've got time. Some of her favorite activities of late have been: ripping packing peanuts into tiny little pieces and scattering all over the house, pretending to go shopping at Walmart with her purse, eating the corners off of library books, bouncing Camy in the jumper, and playing with her friend Elizabeth. She's a good kid, very smart, and only drives us crazy a few times a day. :)

2 comments:

Tyler V said...

Man, I hate moving. Sorry you had to go through that AGAIN!! It sounds like the place will really be worth it, though, so you shouldn't have to move for a while, right?
I wish we were around to see all of Avery's milestones. She's in such a cool stage. I can't believe that Camryn is so mobile! I swear, that's when I start to go crazy, when they don't stay put any more! The just grow up so fast...
We miss you!

Britney said...

Avery is such a smarty. Love the updates on Camryn, too. Soooo cute.