10 July 2011

Swim Lessons

Avery just finished a 2 week swim lessons class at Wirth Aquatic Center in Brookfield. She really liked it this year. Made a few improvements over last year, but she still has a ways to go before she can “swim” by herself.

There she is in her pink goggles.

P1000601

One day they practiced safety procedures and they got to jump in with lifejackets on.

P1000600

And on the last day they did “fun” stuff like jumping off the diving board into the deep end (they catch the kids). Sometimes I tell Avery that I’m going to call her Bravery. Because she has a hard time being brave sometimes. She would not jump in.

P1000613

So finally they lowered her off the diving board into the teacher’s arms. Sigh.

 

P1000614

P1000615

P1000616

Didn’t even get her hair wet. After that ordeal, I thought there was no way she was going to slide down the big waterslide.

P1000617

But she did it! Good girl.

Camryn and I had fun watching her every day for 2 weeks. Luckily Cam is great at independent play. She would pull a couple pennies out of my purse and play with them for the whole half hour. Cute girl.

P1000605

P1000610

1 comment:

Christina said...

Avery has the same swimsuit as Ava! Too cute. We miss you guys. Congratulations on your family of 5!