
My little girl turned 4 years old today! She's been talking about her birthday party since, well, last year. And the plan for a while has been to have an "Ariel swimming party." We had a great time. We had 11 kids and 5 moms come over for a backyard pool/splash party.

This is the pull-apart cupcake cake I made. I used Wilton's blue and green color mist to make the airbrushed look on the cupcakes. I also made some of the sea shapes out of starbursts.

We had four pools set up in the backyard. Thanks to Heidi and Jen for letting me borrow theirs! We also had a double slip n slide, squirt guns, tons of bubbles, etc.

I also made an Ariel pinata with a balloon and some homemade paper mache. It turned out great. All the kids got to hit it twice before it finally broke.

Then we had some cupcakes, opened presents, and played with the stuff in the goody bags.

Oh and this below is my masterpiece:

I painted this Ariel face cutout and took pictures of most of the kids so they could be Ariel. I thought it turned out great. (I didn't freehand it by the way, just traced it and then painted.) The party was a success and Avery is having a great birthday so far!
5 comments:
I absolutely LOVE your cupcake cake. I forgot to tell you that on the phone! The swirlly water is great and it matches your blog background!
Wow, you sure did an amazing job. Everything looks wonderful. And it looks like Avery had a blast.
SO cute! I bet she had a blast! :)
Thanks for having us! It really was a perfect day for such fun stuff. And that pull-apart cake idea was genius!
Happy Birthday to Avery! I'm so glad she had such a fun day. What a fun idea for a summer birthday! You are an amazing mom!
Post a Comment