I've been de-cluttering my house lately, thanks to
FlyLady (thanks Ali!). As I was going through my clothes, instead of giving all the rejects to Good Will, I picked out a few things that I could possibly repurpose. I had this longsleeved shirt that was too short on me but the fabric was still in good shape (I wish I had taken a picture of it before I cut it up). I decided to make it into a shirt for Avery, using
this tutorial. I basically just made a pattern out of one of Avery's shirts that fits, cut the shirt up, leaving the collar and sleeve hems intact so I didn't have to do those myself. It took about an hour and a half and turned out super cute. Voila!

I love the ruffle detail. That was the easiest and funnest part. Avery is a cute model isn't she? ... I just love having girls.
10 comments:
That shirt is so cute! I'm very impressed. And Avery looks darling in it. It looks like her hair is getting longer and fuller. What a beauty.
That is the cutest thing ever! My goodness, what a fantastic idea. She is looking SUPER old in those pictures. And more like her darling mama!
I'm glad the flylady is working for you! Seriously, I feel more in control of my life!
SUPER_CUTE shirt! LOVE that...think I'll be copying you for Sheridan!
SO cute! I'm way impressed :)
Oh, and BTW, the kids are looking at this with me and Sheridan got really, really excited to see that Avery is holding "an Aurora"! These girls, they notice WAY too much!
Turned out so cute! Good job! I can't believe how big Avery is getting. So cute.
That shirt turned out so cute! I love it and I love the color too. I wish I had a girl, so I could do that with all my old shirts. :)
Very cute! Sounds like you could teach our upcoming RS night. When are you coming to declutter my house and turn old clothes into new/adorable clothes? You rock!
WOW! That's amazing! What a great idea.
That's such a great idea. The shirt looks fab and Avery is such a cute model!
Post a Comment