I got the tree and decorations up on Friday. We were going to put it up as a family on Saturday but Avery was too excited. All Friday morning I kept hearing, "It's Saturday now! We can put up the tree!" (me: "We have to wait for Daddy to come home.") "Let's just pretend that Daddy's home!" So we called him and he said it was okay if we did it without him. Avery and I put it up during Camryn's nap. She was a little grumpy when she woke up but when we came downstairs and saw the tree she got all excited and said, "Whoa!!"
The kids have been not so great with my ornaments. I put the breakable ones up higher but they're still learning how to keep the unbreakable ones on the tree. We have to watch them because a moment of boredom near the tree could lead to disaster!We're excited for Christmas and the kids can't wait!! Thank goodness for chocolate advent calendars from my mom- counting down to Christmas is a little sweeter this way.

1 comment:
Your tree looks really nice. I love the picture of Avery looking all sad by the tree. I'm guessing she just got told not to play with the ornaments.
One year, my mom had gingerbread men on her tree. Between the grandkids and the cat, most of the men near the bottom didn't make it all the way to Christmas.
Post a Comment