Saturday we all went shopping at Kohl's for Associate Shop Days (we got 30% off everything). It's never very fun browsing a store with two children. Avery has also gotten very brave about running away from us. We think she's just a few racks down and then we're combing the store for the fifth time shouting her name. She's usually in the toy section organizing all the toys her way on the floor, or in the girls accessories section trying on headbands and necklaces. Funny how she can be across the store and still find her favorite departments.
So this particular shopping day we had had enough so I pried Avery away from whatever she wanted to buy and started carrying her out of the store so Merrick could check out. She was pretty tired so she started crying and wiggling to try to get down. I held tight and started making my way towards the exit. She wasn't liking that so she started yelling really loud, "YOU'RE NOT MY FAMILY!! YOU'RE NOT MY FAMILY!"
I honestly don't know where she got that from. All I know is, if I saw another woman rushing to carry a screaming child out of the store and she was screaming that it was NOT her mom, I'd get pretty concerned about a possible kidnapping. Good thing there weren't any cops around. And good thing she looks kind of like me.
7 comments:
that's hilarious!! although, i'm sure it was not fun or funny at the time.
That is so funny! Shopping (especially the kind where you want to take your time and browse) definitely seems harder when they get a little older.
OK, I'm really sorry this happened to you, but it made me feel so much better since I was almost in tears today after my trip to the store with the two little ones!
it is always embarassing when kids act like...well, kids in the store! i have had some pretty horrible instances, but that would stink to have someone think you were possibily kidnapping a child!
Shopping seems to bring out the worst in kids, doesn't it? :)
PS Happy birthday!
Where do they come up with this stuff? It's shocking sometimes what comes out of their mouths. I'm always thinking did you come up with that on your own, or did you hear that from someone. Crazy kids, gotta love 'em.
Post a Comment