28 April 2009

Texas Trip

My parents moved to The Woodlands, Texas in 2007 but this weekend was actually my first time visiting them. I brought Camy with me and Merrick took a day and a half of work off to watch Avery while we were gone. We missed each other but I had a great time visiting my parents and my two younger sisters Ashley (the RM) and Katie (the high schooler). Here is a pic of the three of us:

While I was there I got to do some fun things. I went to the Houston Temple with Ashley one day. It is really pretty.

We also got to eat at Benihana's for dinner one night! Yummy! It was really entertaining and Camryn loved the chicken fried rice.

The Woodlands was a really nice place! Who knew that Texas could be so wooded? It's really incredible how many trees there are, how green it was, and how TALL the trees were! You can't even see stores and restaurants from the side of the road sometimes, they have to put signs on front of the trees so you know where to find them. This picture will give you an idea of how many trees there are:

Camryn was a trooper. Even though the flight there was pretty much torture for both of us, she did great while we were there. And of course, she was spoiled with attention because she was the only grandkid there.

I also got to be there for Ashley's homecoming talks. She gave talks in two wards in one day- and with two different topics! She definitely has the "missionary glow" about her and didn't want to watch a lot of TV with us. Although we did talk her into watching Enchanted for the first time. She seems to be just enjoying all the little things you take for granted when you're away from home, and away from the USA. It's great to have her back! And it was really nice to spend time with Dad, Mom, and Katie too. They've missed their kids having us all spread out so far this year. But it won't be long... Jordan gets home from Switzerland in November!

1 comment:

Tyler V said...

Hooray! So fun! Welcome back, Ashley!