Since Milwaukee is known as the City of Festivals, we thought we'd try one out! Last Saturday was the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival and we had a great time!


We got there a little before 11am and pulled the double stroller out and hit Washington Ave. The weather was great - 80 degrees and the dark cloud passed us over without drenching everyone (at least not until later in the day).

Since the theme was strawberries, there were chocolate dipped strawberries, strawberry
turnovers, strawberry shortcake, strawberry wine, strawberries by the quart, strawberry slushes, and I'm sure more. Plus there was plenty of everything else you could ever want to buy, of course you can't forget the beer and brats (very Milwaukeean). You could get your hair done in an updo, go on a pony ride, learn a dance from Radio Disney, you name it.

And it was pretty kid friendly too. Avery frosted a sugar cookie, got her
face painted, and had some fun at the petting zoo with her friend Elizabeth (haha she calls her "Sube" from the "zab" in her name, I guess).

Camy did really great. She enjoyed all the sights and noises for the first little while, I fed her a bottle, then fell asleep for a little while. When she woke up we ate some lunch in the shade of a tree and she was squealing and laughing and having so much fun laying on the ground all stretched out.
She probably only fussed for about 5 minutes the whole 3 hours we were there and was in the stroller 90% of the time.

Avery climbed out of the stroller about 30 times, one time with Merrick not eve
n noticing! (She jumped out as he was turning! Luckily I grabbed her and ran up to Merrick to point out that the stroller he was pushing was minus one child!)

Both the girls fell asleep on the way home, exhausted from a fun day in the sun!
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. Good pick of festivals!
They are getting so big! It sounds like so much fun. And I'm so impressed that your girls kept their hats on! Jaden won't keep a hat on to save his life!...
Ah that sounds like so much fun!!! I would have loved it (LOVE STRAWBERRIES)!!
Post a Comment