We have been our new home almost a week! It has been very busy! There were a lot of little detail things that needed to be done on the house so I've been having painters and repairmen come in and out of the house several times a day- not to mention all the unpacking, organizing, blinds hanging, etc stuff we have been doing! Hopefully next week will be a little more low key. :)
We have a lot of work to do still but our kitchen is functional, the remaining boxes are centralized in the office, and all the furniture is in place. So here is a mini tour of our house. (Excuse the little messes here and there!)
Favorite things so far-
- Gorgeous kitchen! I'm loving all my new appliances, the granite, and the fridge we picked out! Plus we have a pantry now, which is wonderful.
- The sound of the doorbell!
- The walk-in closets in every room! Avery has been taking very good care of hers.
- The big yard and beautiful views!
- Beautiful wood floors in most of the main floor. Adds so much character to the house. I'll have fun keeping those clean though!!
- Having more space to spread out! It's great! Just need to get some furniture to fill it up now. :)
Not so favorite things so far-
- My oven exploded glass everywhere the first time I tried it out. A little scary! Got a new one in yesterday though!
- Finding places to put everything that was in our basement! We have plenty of space but not as much storage so that's an adjustment. We'll figure it out!
- Being paranoid living in a brand new house- feeling like we are going to ding it up really fast! I'm sure we'll get over that soon!
- Construction! Now that its a new year they started building 4-5 houses this week on our street! Will take a little getting used to but we're excited for the new neighbors it will bring!